Monday, January 16, 2012

The Beacon.

More often than not, I have come to discover, some certain two elements are the most needed of all pre-conditions to fulfillment, not minding our yardstick of measurement. These two elements are SIGNAL and SENSITIVITY. Though when placed into context, it appears one is much more important than the other, but that is not the case as they both means a lot to each other.

Most of the chances, opportunities and what have you that sets us on the path of destiny fulfillment in life are not that strong a signal, which makes strong sensitivity a sine qua non. I looked into the scripture and two experiences struck me lame:
Moses and the burning bush – Exodus 3 v 1 – 4.
Joash, Elisha and the arrow experience – 2 Kings 13 v 14 – 19. In these two scenarios, I saw how men fulfilled destiny and how men failed.


The most important lesson I learn then is that, man is to take the blame for failure and not God. I equally learn that we failed most often because the signals are not branded the way we had expected. But then, remember that sometimes when God wants to meet your needs, He brings need your way, so you have to be sensitive to His beacon.

This reminds me of a particular pastor who had craved ministerial explosion for long and happens to be the C.E.O of an establishment. He has a jobless worker in his church and all he does is to pray for the young man all the time saying “brother, all is well”. Long into his ministerial journey, God opened the eyes of his spirit back to how He released the explosion to him long years ago. Guess what the release was, the jobless worker in his church. And I asked myself, why pray and say all is well, when you can employ him. Hmn…

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment